English Language Question

Here each release of the new clips from OPandER goes here and general conversations.

Moderator: alexpwm

How important is the language in the clip?

I WILL BUY a clip completely in Hungarian
9%
I WON'T BUY a clip completely in Hungarian
5%
I will buy a clip with a mix of Hungarian and English
18%
I will only buy a clip completely in English
8%
Clip Language doesn't matter to me
59%

Total votes: 74

alexpwm

English Language Question

Post by alexpwm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Can you help us with this?

comatoseninja

Re: English Language Question

Post by comatoseninja » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:56 pm

what about captions I've always wondered why no option it would be nice especially for us deafand hard of hearing who sometimes miss stuff would be nice

mtmfan
Site Admin

Post by mtmfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Same here on the captions. I have a hard time hearing anything due to my bad hearing. It would be nice if some of the videos had captioning so I knew what the actors were saying.

thetraumadb Admin

Lordgeorge16
Site Admin

Post by Lordgeorge16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:24 pm

I prefer English films, but I've purchased plenty of Hungarian ones with little complaints. I would really like to see captions on the Hungarian films, however. It helps a little more when I can understand what your actresses are saying.

alexpwm

Post by alexpwm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:02 pm

The problem with captions are they are extremely time consuming to do post production. You have to translate everything said and then you have to add it to the sequences. Once added, you also have the distraction for people who don't like captions that they are blocking parts of the action. You can add a separate caption file but that is another post production trick.

I'll be honest, last month we had a guy buy like ten clips and then challenge all the purchases once he downloaded them. Needless to say he is banned from C4S for life until the charges are paid. However, the bottom line is we unfortunately don't have the time or resources to do this kind of stuff thanks to folks like that. I spend a lot of time just tracking down copyright issues. So we look to hire women to speak English, our real technicians however who we need for realism don't speak it. So we are looking for a happy medium.

pull_the_plug

Post by pull_the_plug » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:26 pm

I think it depends on the scene. Having some done in English would be nice.

trinityk7

Post by trinityk7 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:01 am

I do think that a separate SRT file might be the way to go. If someone wants to use it, they can figure out how themselves, and if not, it’s probably an hour or two of someone typing.

If someone wishes to volunteer to translate the Hungarian and create the .srt files please email me alexpwm@aol.com

RGDS
Alex